cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi keeps disconnecting

Sbirch
Joining in

Hi my wifi upstairs keeps disconnecting. I have pretty bad wifi upstairs anyway but it just keeps cutting off. Can you help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sbirch,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your WiFi connection. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. I can see that the hub has been online for 49 days so it's worth turning this off and leaving it off for a few minutes to refresh everything. This will then ensure that all your devices are connecting on the right band. 

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help.

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi.

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Finally, you can view more about our new WiFi Max service here.

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

g0akc
Problem sorter

What package are you on?  Do you qualify for a free pod?

Try 2.4GHz only 

Any neighbour on same channels?  Other sources of interference?

what devices?

drivers up to date?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sbirch,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your WiFi connection. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. I can see that the hub has been online for 49 days so it's worth turning this off and leaving it off for a few minutes to refresh everything. This will then ensure that all your devices are connecting on the right band. 

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help.

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi.

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Finally, you can view more about our new WiFi Max service here.

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi thanks for your response. I used the connect app and it said I had a few black spots but it said about getting a pod but it kept freezing when I tried to request one.

Thanks

What happens when you try to order them via the Connect App Sbirch? Do you get any error messages?

Rob

The app just freezes and I have to restart it.

Thanks

Hi @Sbirch thanks for your reply, sorry to hear this.

Can you please try to uninstall and the reinstall the app to see if this helps? 

Many thanks

Tom_W