cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi issues

Starr11
Joining in

Since 11th October every day have had issues with the WiFi. It goes down about 1 hour every day. I called up a couple days ago saying its intermittion issues in the area and will be fixed in 24 hours. I am not sure how you can have issues every day for over a month. This issue is still not resolved and I am still having these issues. Getting rather annoyed now as I can never get onto the Internet and still paying full price. Can someone help what I can do further. 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported here....

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

dddougal
Tuning in

i had this exact issue, the problem was too many devices on the 2.4 hub apparently. Virgin split it into two, a 5gig and a 2.4gig. i transferred everything i could onto the 5gig and it completely sorted the problem....i had probably 12 things on the 2.4gig and there werent enough channels apparently

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Starr11, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see the Hub is running outside of specification and will need further investigation. 

With this being the case, I will pop a message over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon,

Nat