Menu
Sammyuk3
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi issues

Hey, I've recently moved house. I'm currently on the m200 with amazing download speeds when I'm close to my hub in the living room over 200mbs. When I'm upstairs in the back room, which isnt far away from the hub I'm averaging maybe 15mbs download speed. This is the room I've set up for my office and gaming. I'm constantly getting disconnected etc and find it unusable! I have used the virgin connect which tells me my signal is poor when i scan, it resets things and tells me its great..  but yet I still have 15mbs download speed.. this is not great! I have had to buy a booster which boosts it to 60mbs.. but this was very inconsistent so I tried a ethernet booster which is better but still have major issues when connected to my ps4..

I know virgin are going to ignore this and tell me to use the connect app etc etc but it is not good enough! Surely they should guarantee a wifi signal to all rooms in the house? 

Any help would be great... not sure if theres anyone official on here that could give me a resolution...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi issues

VM only guarantee their speed to the hub and an Ethernet connected device. They do NOT guarantee WiFi connections in any way whatsoever, there are too many reasons why WiFi signals can be impacted. If you are serious about gaming you should not use WiFi, but an Ethernet connection. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Sammyuk3
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi issues

Yes I have got it connected via ethernet now but still suffer from connection issues and high ping...

0 Kudos