Menu
Nemesislee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wifi issues

Every so often usually up to three times a day now my wifi disconnects and disappears.

When I notice on my devices that it's not connected to wifi I go to the individual settings to re connect. Only problem is that my two wifi spots are no longer visible. This then means I have to go to the super hub and unplug it and wait then plug it back in. This corrects the problem but I shouldn't need to keep doing this? The devices also can't connect to it via the ip log in either.

Any help would be great
0 Kudos
boronet
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi issues

I don't have a solution - just the same problem! I have a Superhub 2 and have had to reset it in excess of 50 times to restart Wi-Fi over the last 10 days. Previously it had only ever required 2 or 3 resets in 2 years. It may be coincidence but the problem started just after a break in Broadband service which lasted several hours. My PC which is hard wired to the hub is not affected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nemesislee, 

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry for the wireless problems you're experiencing. Try a few different wireless channels as very often this will improve the performance of your network. 

Let us know if this helps, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
boronet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Heather,

Would the solution you suggest cure the problems listed? The issue isn't that the Wi-Fi is transmitting and not carrying to remote units. Certainly in my case there is no signal leaving the router, ie: the 2.4GHz and 5GHz lights are both on steady or off altogether. As I understand it both of these lights should blink when working correctly. Only a disconnect from power temporarily cures the problem.

0 Kudos
Nemesislee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm still getting the same issue nothing cures it. Im constantly turning it off and on to get the wifi to show up again. Terrible!!
0 Kudos
Nemesislee
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently trying it out. If it happens even once more I will post cause I've had enough. I pay for data on my phone for out and about not to use in my own home.

Thanks

Lee
0 Kudos
Nemesislee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well trying a different band didn't work currently at home using my data up again because the wifi has stopped again !!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Both, 

Wireless can be tricky and often affected by factors beyond our control such as interference in the home. 

You will need to try all of the wireless channels to find the one that performs best in your environment. It might help to download a wireless scanner to find the best channel based on other devices around your home. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Nemesislee
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well I'm sick of this router. The power button on the back is now giving me issues die to using it so much. I'm currently using 4g to type this in my own home due to wifi not working again. I'e reset it, and now all I'm getting is 3 lights power, up down arrow blinking and tick 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Nemesislee, 

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

If you're having trouble with the buttons, I can send you a replacement. Drop me a PM confirming your name and address and I'll get one posted out. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

0 Kudos