cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi intermittently discount and hub not found in VM connect

lungying
Joining in

Hi,

After I have moved home, I tried 3 sockets in the new home and only one of them is working. The base led show a light orange, but wifi mostly ok when I use close to the hub3.

But wifi disconnect intermittently like 4-5 meters away from the hub. So I want to use the VM connect app to do a scanning, but the main page shows hub not found and I can’t do scanning.

Also I can’t request to see if I can use wifi max due to the fact that I can’t do the scanning in the app. I can’t find any VM support to help to, tried to send a complaint, but it redirected me to a live chat with just a bot….

Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Peter

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Uninstall the App, reinstall and try again.

For wifi-max - see this

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. Its now called… Wifi Max see…….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you . If you call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks a lot, John. I have ordered wifi max, and will try how it goes.