cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi headache

Kate15
Joining in

Hi my wifi keeps dropping out or becoming very weak. I’ve reset my box and I only have two devices connected but even that seems too much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like the Hub4. If the ring remains white it suggests it is still connected ok to the network. So it could just be a wifi issue. Have you looked through the "Wifi Wins" posts on the right hand side of the forum page to see if there is anything in there that helps.

If it really is down to a wifi issue the ethernet connectiion test would prove that.

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is it only wifi devices that are affected? What happens on an ethernet cable connected device at the same time? If you dont know, can you test it? What Hub model do you have and what do the various lights show/do when it happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It’s only wifi. I don’t use the Ethernet cable for devices I think the hub is called hub 4. It has a white light stripe around it which stays lit. Just to load this message meant me turning off my wifi in order to load the page 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like the Hub4. If the ring remains white it suggests it is still connected ok to the network. So it could just be a wifi issue. Have you looked through the "Wifi Wins" posts on the right hand side of the forum page to see if there is anything in there that helps.

If it really is down to a wifi issue the ethernet connectiion test would prove that.

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thank you for your help! I need an adapter to test the Ethernet so I’ll try that later this week

i didn’t want to go down the route of boosters, I thought the package I pay for would be enough without having to add extras 

Hi @Kate15,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some Wi-Fi trouble lately, but I can see that @jbrennand has offered some help and support. Do you still need our help with this today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!