cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi guarantee email

mikeh99
On our wavelength

Well thank you VM for your email@em.virginmedia.com email with subject heading "Mike, you’re getting our superstrong WiFi guarantee – on us"

Followed by this promise
"Hello Mike,

Good news – we’re giving you our superstrong WiFi guarantee, at no extra cost. It’s our promise you’ll enjoy download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room or get £100 bill credit."

So looks like I am owed £100 please.

Why?

Because I have a new Hub 5.0 router and I have yet still to receive the promised three free wifi extenders being recently upgraded to 1gb contract.

MORE IMPORTANTLY
Unless something has massively and technically changed never will as VM Support have confirmed the current WIFI extenders are still not COMPATIBLE with Hub 5s and unlikely to be so in the near future.

Oops

Looking forward to my £100 please credit on my next bill.  How do I claim?

Thank you, Virgin Media team

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There will be info on the page here to help you get the new Wifi Max pods. Not the same (firmware) as the older one that you believed they would send you

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've on WiFi Max then the Hub 5 is compatible with the Pods.

You won't ever been send three Pods in one go though. You'll get one to start with and then you may be sent a second or third one if diagnostics or tests through the Connect app indicate you would benefit from them.

Finally the full process for the WiFi Max WiFi Gurantee are here - https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

How do I claim my one-off £100 bill credit?
If you’ve checked your WiFi speed on the Virgin Media Connect app and still don’t get download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room after installing a third mesh WiFi Pod, sign in to My Virgin Media, click on Your Package and follow the steps in the WiFi Max tab.

Sign in to My Virgin Media

Alternatively, if you need to get in touch using one of our accessible contact options, find out more below.

More on accessibility contact options

We’ll look into the problem for you, which might include remote line testing or sending out a technician, and they’ll add a one-off £100 credit on your next bill if they still can’t solve it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

mikeh99
On our wavelength

After several clicks you have to access a chat which initially is a chatbot then finally get to chat with human being.

Started chat at 12:12

mikeh99_1-1663243053588.png

By the way as part of the chatbox process when it asks you only get these following options - not one for Wifi / Max Wifi / Pods

Add internet, TV or landline 💻 ☎️
Add TV channels 📺
Increase speeds 🏎
Get a Volt package
Reduce costs / services

Then spoke to Leon who stated the following

"The HUB 5 is actually not compatible with our Wi-Fi intelligent pods as the HUB 5 itself comes with security has been improved with the new WPA3 standard. The Hub 5 also offers ridiculously fast Ethernet with a 2.5Gbps port, giving you the ability to fully utilize your fibre connection if you really need high speed and no latency on an Ethernet Enabled device. However, after we recently launched our Wi-Fi guarantee on Wi-Fi max, that is supported on the HUB 5 too."

Then when challenged 

"I will now pass you to one of my colleague in the customer care team who can help you with adding Wi-Fi max to the account and schedule delivery of the Wi-Fi super pod.

Apart from adding Wi-Fi max, would you be interested in upgrading the TV services by adding sky sports collection or Premier sports & box nation as the sports season is on and you or your friends and family member might enjoy it."

Then when passed on Customer Care Team got presented with

Info
 at 12:31, Sep 15:
We wanted to let you know that we are busier than expected today and as a result you may have to wait for a while to get connected to a member of the team. We are really sorry for any inconvenience and rest assured we are working hard to get to you as quickly as we can. Thank you so much for your understanding.

Now 20mins INTO DOING THIS!!

So much for this being simple easy and quick......

Now 12.36 still nothing - yet again poor customer service - how much longer / more time wasted with VM.

Now just had

Info
 at 12:37, Sep 15:
Hi, just to let you know you're still in the queue. We're sorry you are still waiting to speak to one of the team. We will get you connected to someone as quickly as we can.

Whilst still waiting thought to test wifi in house - followed instructions VM Connect app which was already downloaded on my phone.  Gone to home page where I am told "Login and select the 'home scan' option on the home screen."  Cannot see home scan option.....  Yet another dead end.

Now 12.44 still not connected now 32 minutes doing this and still not getting anywhere!!!

It is a good job I don't charge my hourly rate for all my time wasted trying to get things done with VM as VM would now owe me hundreds of pounds.

Now 12:56 and STILL NOTHING

mikeh99_0-1663242991711.png

At 45 mins 

I GIVE UP!!!

Will phone and raise speak to support when I have time to do so.

Thank you VM for another wasted 45 mins of my life

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mikeh99, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing when attempting to order the Pod pack, we will be happy to help. 

Please check the purple envelope on the top right of this page for a private message from me and we can go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

mikeh99
On our wavelength

Thank you Natalie_L - have just replied