cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi drops out continually

Beckyflipflop
Tuning in

We have a Hub 3.0 and the wifi drops out continuously- sometimes every few minutes! I’ve tried resetting and restoring, moving the hub, moving the booster and nothing helps.

My son uses a wired connection for PS4 and also reports it is bad, but I know this is the broadband not the wifi.

We’ve had this trouble before and had a new hub and an engineer out, it seemed to be better for quite a while but now worse than ever. I wonder what other provider I can even switch to for fibre optic - any tips?? 

12 REPLIES 12

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/884fb2c56fa1a844d8caf52c67c0336f15308e25

Direct link to BQM here. 

Hi Beckyflipflop,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your WiFi connection. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Beckyflipflop, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message on this. 

Taking a look at our systems, I can see all power and signal levels are optimal levels and the hub itself is good. The area network you're on is also good. The BQM you've posted shows no issues and suggests the dropouts are only on the WiFi. 

I can see that previously an engineer came out and advised there was a lot of interference coming from your neighbour which was affecting your network so they made some changes to connect you through the 2.4Ghz band. 

They also suggested trying WiFi pods to see if these help. You can read more on this here: The WiFight is on

Please let us know if you would like to add this service. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs