cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi drops like it’s hot daily

Nunadragon
Joining in

Hi

I’ve got the m200. One wifi pod. And volt. 
everything runs off wifi. No idea if wired is fine.

no abnormal lights.

called customer support and didn’t find them helpful.

everyday it cuts out for 5 minutes and this happens at least 10x a day.

I tired buying a wifi router and putting the hub in modem mode but it didn’t work.

did complain 2x just got a message saying usual thing of “hopefully it will work”

I asked for another two wifi pods and was told various reasons no 

apart from counting down the day to contract ends is there anything else I can do?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What wifi router did you get - and what happened when you connected it ?

And did you connect it in the correct sequence that has been posted on here umpteen times?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

yes did the correct sequence however the router from virgin just would not go into modem mode. 
I brought the linksys mr8300

Hi Nunadragon 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing some connection issues. I've had a quick look for you and it seems you are currently effected by an outage. It is currently due to end on 27.02.23 at 2pm. You can see updates yourself here 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 006. 

This is an SNR outage. SNR (signal to noise ratio). This is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose. This is because noise can ingress anywhere on our network. As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system). 
The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then the cause dictates he amount of work required and the time frame for resolution. 

The outage is most likely causing the issues you are experiencing, however please do get back in touch and let us know if the outage is confirmed as ended and you are still experiencing issues with your connection so we can investigate further and offer support. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly