cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi drops every day

Heldtoransom
Joining in

Connection drops every day. Every time I ring they tell me that there’s no fault and they need to send an engineer. But they want to charge me for an engineer coming to rectify THEIR faults. 
It works SOMETIMES, so if it happens to be working when he arrives, then I’ll still have an intermittent service and be charged for something that isn’t fixed. 
I’m not sure why I should have to come here for advice- they should just fix it, but I’m at my wits end. I don’t know what else to do. 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do wired connections drop at the same time?  Have you tried splitting the SSID and turning off the Smart Optimisation options.?

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Heldtoransom

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear about any connection issues with the WiFi. Upon doing a system check, I can see a few of the upstream channels are out of spec, there's low SNR (signal to noise ratio) on some of them and also the attenuation is showing as out of spec as well.

All will need a tech visit to attend the property. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill