Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi dropping every 30 minutes

AshAlex
Joining in

Virgin Media account number: [REMOVED]
Area reference: 26

We have just moved to Virgin and our Wifi is dropping every 30 minutes. Had no trouble at all these years being with TalkTalk but our first day with Virgin and not impressed.

As I can see on the forums we also have the HUB 3 which seems to be the culprit.

1. I have rebooted the router/hub several times now

2. Its in the same spot as our previous router/hub

Can we please have a replacement hub asap as my wife works from home.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

11 REPLIES 11

Angela96
Joining in

Hello, I am having the same problem and I’m from the same area (26. I have restarted and even tried to check my connection but keeps giving me that there was a problem.

Can this be look into - As I also work from home, and I’m meant to be working….
Virgin Media account number: [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

DO NOT SPECIFY ACCOUNT NUMBERS IN POSTS.

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AshAlex,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your services so shortly after joining us. We'd love to turn this around.

I've had a look and I can see there are a few issues with your signal, and so we will need to book in an engineer visit for you so they can be put right.

I've popped you over a private message now so I can take your details and arrange this for you. You can find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks 😊

Beth

Hi Angela96,

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear you've been having issues with your connection too.

I've had a look at our systems and all of your levels are showing as perfect - however I can see that there were a few disconnections logged on Saturday, but since then, things have been looking stable since then.

Have things improved at all for you since your post?

Thanks 😁

Beth

kreansanm
Joining in

Our virgin WiFi keeps dropping out intermittently for a few minutes at a time. If we reset the router it all tends to work ok for about 24 hours and then the same issues will come back. We have 200mps broadband so should have enough speed to keep us going. Is this an issue anyone else has experienced?

Any tips on how we can try and resolve?

Many have WiFi issues with the hub VM just think its fine to reboot the hub to make it work again so if you want uptime then get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @kreansanm 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you have been having service dropouts on your WiFi service. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Are the drop pouts on both wired and wireless devices? How long has this issue been ongoing? Have you also checked here for a local fault? virg.in/service

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All sorted VM sent out a techinican within a couple of days 

The technician adjusted the signal levels which were apparently too high and causing the HUB3 to reboot. He also installed an additional component on the fibre connector. All is working now. Just FYI the range of the HUB3 is appaling but I have bought Linksys MESH extenders which have resolved that issue.

Speed and Range all sorted.

Glad that yours is now working.

Mine once again is not working - Can someone get in contact to resolve the problem? As this way is just impossible to work.