cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi dropping a couple of times a day - kicks Samsung TV and Nanit off completely

ForumUser102
Tuning in

I'm a new Virgin Media user, it's my first month.

From the first week I've had the service dropping a few times a day for no apparent reason. Here's what I've seen:

• Whilst my iMac and iPhone reconnect seamlessly when it does come back up, my TV (Samsung and Nanit baby monitor) Get kicked off the wifi and borks their settings, requiring a complete resync to the Wifi.
  • Downtimes last from seconds to minutes. The worst was a few hours.
  • Sometimes this happens at night so we can't see both our baby monitors meaning i have to go into their room, press a physical button on them to start the sync again to wifi.
  • The TV is literally next to the hub, so it's not distance or anything like that.

I've experienced service dropping out before, that's why I moved to Virgin from Vodafone 5G Gigacube, but this is insane. 

If someone from Virgin is reading this, can you check the outages on my account? Also what is the resolution here.

Hopefully, there are some settings I can change.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi all,

Unfortunately the suggestions didn't work.

I purchased a router to see if that solved it and it did. Not a great new customer experience, but least i can work

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ForumUser102

Thanks for the reply

Sorry to hear about your issues, glad to hear you've found a fix for this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs