cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi dropouts

Shaun88
Joining in

Been advised to post on here from the customer service rep on twitter.

For the past month I have been having constant WiFi drop outs. Had the same issues several months prior to that, where an engineer had split the WiFi to 2ghz and 5ghz and recommended I connected several devices to each. This helped massively, however I am know back to the same situation, the WiFi is constantly dropping out on all devices and doesn't matter if the device is next to the hub 3 or not.

Running the diagnostic checks it is telling me that every device needs to be moved closer to the hub.

The agent on twitter has said to post on here so a employee from Virgin media can run some checks on their system.

4 REPLIES 4

Shaun88
Joining in

Screenshot_20220221-123930_Samsung Internet.jpg

And my BQM has been like this from 4pm Friday

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Shaun88 

That happens to mine sometimes and if you reboot your router, then the BQM should start working again.

In normal circumstances it should only be red if you have no internet or your ip address has changed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shaun88

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thnk you for making your first post regarding the WiFi drops you have been experiencing, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing on going connection issues. I would like to check our systems and run some diagnostics, I shall send you a private message toobtain the details required now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Shaun88,

Thanks for speaking with me via PM and confirming the requested details. I am sorry for the ongoing issues you have been experiencing with your service. 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issues with your power levels as discussed and to check things over again. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know here how the visit goes and we can offer further support if needed. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs