cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi droping signal

Kayem12
On our wavelength

Since recent TS11 area outage to upgrade signal drops for 1 - 2 secs every 5 or so mins. Rebooted and usual checks no difference.

WiFi perfect prior to outage 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Kayem12,

Many thanks for your recent post. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your WiFi in your home.

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and have run some checks from our end - a signal issue has been flagged that a technician is required for.

I'd like to get a visit booked in for you so we can take a look into this and make sure everything is working as it should be.

I'll just send you a private message in order to do so, so please just keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

g0akc
Problem sorter

are wired connections OK?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Kayem12
On our wavelength

Hard wired signal stable only WiFi giving problems

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it ? Are wifi connections stable when sat next to the Hub and drop off as you move away and into other rooms?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kayem12
On our wavelength

Hub4 have 2 boosters in other rooms. Using Amazon fire stick latest version. Issue is that had a good network prior to vm carrying out upgrade outage locally. Should I take this up with VM directly or is there a fix?

thank you for your reply 

K

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You havent answered the ethernet cable connections question we both asked?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kayem12
On our wavelength

Ethernet connection to pc  stable no issues.

thanks again

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ok... I have posted this before

If it is a wifi only issue, then on a Hub3, you can try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" apply and save the settings. All wifi devices will need reconnecting to the best SSID at each location. Also use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just select and use channels 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz) - this often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂
To address the wifi, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

Get either a…

(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters, (5) A combination of (2,3,4)).

£40-100 should sort it for most customers with average usage

--------------------
John
--------------------

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Kayem12,

Many thanks for your recent post. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your WiFi in your home.

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and have run some checks from our end - a signal issue has been flagged that a technician is required for.

I'd like to get a visit booked in for you so we can take a look into this and make sure everything is working as it should be.

I'll just send you a private message in order to do so, so please just keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide