cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi drop off - low Dbmv?

Broadbean1
Tuning in

Hi, 

I've been with Virgin just over a month and am experiencing frequent drop offs in wifi to the point I where I can no longer take work calls unless I am in the same room as the router. I purchased a Netgear EX7700 extender but this did not help. Have now switched to an Eero Mesh network so the Hub (3.0) is in Modem route. This has improved things as I can now get wifi in all parts of my building (only 90sqm) but when I am in my office the wifi does continue to drop out for about 20 seconds at a time every 5-10 minutes. I have checked the RSSI for my laptop and it ranges between 30-50, I checked for any local issues and am not seeing anything pop up which has led me to believe its something to do with the line coming into my router/modem.  Having looked at the forum I can see that my Dbmv Downstream is low and wonder whether that has something to do with it? 

11 REPLIES 11

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Broadbean1

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having this issue but after running some checks on your account, I can see you do have a utilisation outage that is estimated to be fixed on the 14th July at 10am. 

If you wish to get any updates on this, you are more than welcome to message at any point to get this. 

I do appreciate this isn't ideal, but our engineers are working on this to get this fixed ASAP for you. Hope this does clarify a few things for you. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for the answer Sasha, not ideal but at least I now know what the issue is!