cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi doesn't reach my whole flat

szmonkey
Joining in

Hello,

I have Gig1 fibre. It does not reach my whole flat. 

I have been trying to find a solution for this. I have so far, upgraded from a hub 4 to 5.

When I was being sold the package I was told of a guarantee that states the wifi will reach the whole house or I will get money back and access to their wifi network. Has anyone pursed Virgin to this end?

Tried to call, but of course, I keep getting into a dead end where the automated responder hangs up on me 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @szmonkey 

You need to use the Connect app to scan the wifi speeds so can receive  WiFi Pods.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods 

Can I order a WiFi Pod on the Virgin Media Connect app?

Yes, but only if you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room.

Our home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test our broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network.

If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

Remember, our WiFi Pods and the Connect app only work with the Hub 3, Hub 4 or Hub 5. Don’t worry if you have our new Hub 5x – exciting things are coming soon.

You can also call 0800 064 3850 to order the first pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted) Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free to you as you are on the Gig1 package,

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Szmonkey,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your WIFI looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see @newapollo has already given you all the information about our WIFI Max scheme and how to order your Pods through our Connect App.

Have you been able to order a pod for yourself in order to cover those hard to reach WIFI black spots?

If you have, but you're looking to order your 2nd now too, then please wait 5 days for the 1st pod to settle into it's place in the home, after that you can then go back onto the Connect App and do the process again 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

Yes I managed to order one through customer service via WhatsApp. 

Thanks for the update szmonkey and glad to hear you have ordered the Pod. Help can be found here with the set up. Let us know how this goes and if it helps 🙂

Rob