cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connects to some devices but not others!

nikkispink
Tuning in

We have had what I think is the Hub 3.0 for just over a year and it seems that it connects fine to some devices and then occassionally decides to almost 'block' a device for no reason. It happened with our Roku box, it just comes up as not able to connect to network (via wifi) so we ended up getting a new Roku box and it worked fine for ages but now again the same thinghas happened and I don't think it is an issue with the roku box. More importatntly it has just happened with my laptop too, just yesterday my laptop can not connect to the network via wifi but when plugged with an ethernet cable it connects. It also happens with my android phone quite often where I will suddenly have a message saying 'access denied' to the wifi network.

Can it be that I have to access the Hub 3.0 somehow to allow these devices to be connected? Should it suddenly change? How can I fix this so that all the devices are able to connect without problem?

I should also say that they are all within range of the wifi, very close to the router when this is happeneing so it's not an issue with the strength of signal.

Thanks 🙂 

62 REPLIES 62

Have you had a look at our Virgin Media connect app? 

It will connect to your hub, check for any issues, show you how many and what devices are connected and much more. 

There's also a help section on the app itself so if you need further assistance from the team you'll be able to message them directly from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma, 

Yes, I have been on the app, it shows me everything is fine. I have been on the hub login too and can see the list of things you can configure there. I can't seem to find a list of connected devices though, that would be helpful?

Thanks, 

Nikki 

Does it not show you the connected devices on the app? 

That should be on the hub page? 

If not then message the team via the help section and they'll be able to assist further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

I now can not access the hub page and more devices are not able to connect to the network 😞 Have sent a message on the app too.

Nikki

Thanks Nikki, I'm sure the team will get back in touch as soon as possible 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Ditto, I came here because VM Aon Twitter said this is where the solution is.

Don't know about you but all I'm seeing is the same issues and no solution. Back to Twitter...

Hi Doctin42, 

What issues are you having exactly? 

We'd love to know more so we can do what we can to help. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma,

So as far as I can understand there's not much point with the messaging service on the app as I spent a while messaging back and forth to be told to call 150 to speak to someone, this is why I came onto this forum in the first place because two of my previous calls to VM were both cut off at the point of trying to help so got nowhere calling but am now told to call again, doesn't seem much point with the app messaging if you have to just call in anyway? Back to square one!

If there is anyway of just logging our issue and having a technician come and look at things without having to go through the phone call, which unfortuntely today I won't have time for, then that would be amazing!

Thanks,

Nikki

I'm not on twitter, how is that more helpful? All channels I have tried so far not really getting me anywhere.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi once again nikkispink 

Is this issues happening intermittently or is the issues a constant?  

When Viewing the app are there any black spots reported? 

I see that you have had some issues with your android phone as well as your laptop, Is that correct?

Are there any other known issues in your area? 

Thanks 

Zak