cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection

Shazzab
Joining in

Hi we have recently had Virgin installed a few weeks ago and our wifi keeps dropping it say’s we are not connected but the wifi is still on. We have the hub4 1gb done all the checks and it says it’s fine.  We can’t watch Netflix, YouTube web pages don’t load it buffers all the time. We had this problem last time we joined and moved provider and now I have the same problem again.

744B45C9-9A86-4819-A5EB-1B39F851E503.png

4 REPLIES 4

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Shazzab wrote:

We had this problem last time we joined and moved provider and now I have the same problem again.

That seems to suggest there's some sort of issue in your environment - in your house.....

• What device(s) are you using?
  • Which device is that screenshot from?  a phone?
  • Are wired connections okay?
  • Check all Wi-Fi drivers are up to date on all devices
  • Use a free Wi-Fi analyser app (not the VM one) - see what that shows
  • Neighbours on same channels?
  • Try changing channels
  • Any other wireless kit - baby monitors, microwave ovens, whatever nearby?
  • Consider getting your own better Wi-Fi kit
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Shazzab,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your WiFi service. 

If you can answer the questions provided by g0akc, that will help us to diagnose the issue. 

^Martin

Thank you for your reply, we have just upgraded to the hub 5 and have had no issues of yet. 

Hey @Shazzab, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad to hear that the issues have stopped since you received the Hub 5.
As always - reach out to us for any query you may have regarding the VM services.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs