Menu
Nick0312
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connection problem

Ran diagnostic in modem settings and its saying their is wifi connection problems but not what it is or how to fix this, ive been having problems with wireless devices for years buffering etc and its starting to get annoying and when  i speak to virgin they dismiss it and say they have switched channels but problem just persists 😡 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connection problem

What devices are having the problems?
Do ethernet cable connected ones have the same issues at the same time?
What Hub model do you have (printed on its sticker/card)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Nick0312
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a super hub 3 and its the 3rd modem i have had off VM and i am connected to a amazon firestick and iphone the firestick has intermittent buffering on netflix and other streaming services but says its download speed of 74mbs and my iphone wont open pages in safari or google chrome says no connection, i have had the same problem with VM broadband since 2013 and when i contact VM they say they cant find a problem and switch channels and send a new modem but problem persists, my V6 box is connected by ethernet cable and cant connect to netflix and takes forever to load, i have even purchased a wifi extender and problem still occurs, when i do service status check its says problem in area so call up and they dont no what im on about, i did diagnostic check in modem settings yesterday which says problem with phone but dont use it anyway but not the point and also Wifi connection problems but doesnt say what it is or how to fix this diagnostic issue has been since day one! Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If its the third Hub3 (not Super!) you have had, then I think you can safely say there is no problem with the Hub per se. Your problem is either in the network connection,your cables or in its poor wifi performance.
Ignoring netflix for a minute, do all the other services using the network connection on the V6 work ok - e.g, Apps, catch up, iPlayer etc?
Do you have another device (PC/Laptop) that you can connect by cable to double check your connection - after all that is what VM and all BB suppliers guarantee - not wifi speeds.

Have you tried a new good quality Cat6 cable for the Hub-V6 connection?

Re the poor wifi there are lots of potential ways to solve that and if you check on here they are all discussed - I favour using my own wifi equipment and using the Hub in modem mode.

Also re. known faults - As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.

Finally to check your connection status, Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] you should see and click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up (you may need to scroll down) and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Nick0312
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ive tried all of your suggestions still no difference over and over again and still have the same issues and to top it all of today im not getting any broadband wireless or with ethernet connected devices and all the service status says is wait 10 minutes and restart my equipment 

0453B0CD-B19B-4962-BC4B-FF37BE326D7C.png

2F4CECDE-5D2D-4BBC-B413-128C91CD1DA8.jpeg

Ive attached a couple of photos which shows the messages im getting. VM  completely having a laugh now very poor service!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you provide the metrics asked for above?

Have you gone though wireless troubleshooting in FAQ's?

Have you separated out the two SSID's?

Have you switched intelligent Wifi?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos