Menu
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 161 of 508
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connection on samsung s7

Constant disconnections on my S7 - the fix only works for random periods.

0 Kudos
DonnyDriver
Dialled in
Message 162 of 508
Flag for a moderator

I'm elimnated my wife's laptop from my investigations now - it is not related. However, our Samsung devices are still effected.
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 163 of 508
Flag for a moderator

@Skippycrew wrote:

I know when I had a Hub2, on my Wi-Fi options they had 2 separately being 2.4GHz and 5GHz as opposed to now where the hub3 is supposed to speak with the device and auto manage which is better for your device wherever you are in range.

Try speaking with VM and see if they can do the same. That way you could connect the devices that require 2.4GHz to that Wi-Fi and the ones that work on 5GHz to that one.

I suspect the issue is the coding between our android 8.0 devices and the hub where it can't switch between 2.4GHz and 5GHz using it's auto swapping.

You can speak to VM and maybe get them to split the 2.4Ghz and 5GHz bands but it is usually quicker and easier to do it yourself by going to the Advanced Wireless settings in the hub GUI and giving each band a different name, just like on the older Superhub 2.

At least one person on this thread is also having success with using a guest network for the problem devices.  Instructions for setting up a guest network are here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-set-up-a-guest-network-on-your-hub

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Jimwin73
Joining in
Message 164 of 508
Flag for a moderator

Same issues here. All other devices in house connect fine. The only ones that have a problem are 2 Samsung Galaxy 7 edge phones. Followed the advice by disconnecting and reconnecting and also 'Forget network' and rejoin but issue remains.

Have given up with VM, 4g connection is more stable. 

0 Kudos
Mike55
Joining in
Message 165 of 508
Flag for a moderator

Had the same problem for last 4 weeks.

Spoke to CS At least 8 times, have fitted new hub after trying all the other options still no joy.

VM know there is a problem but don't have a fix at present.

Told to grin and bear it till fixed.  no refund for poor service.

0 Kudos
murday1983
Tuning in
Message 166 of 508
Flag for a moderator

Dont kniw if anyone else is the same as not getting a lot of post messages through but my problem with all 4 S7's appears to be s9rted. No issues in the last 4days well except last night whilst streaming netflix on my phone teice but normal day to day working fine.

Never changed any settings ir anything

0 Kudos
Bazchouhan
On our wavelength
Message 167 of 508
Flag for a moderator

Had almost a full day without disruption.  Had a very weak signal late last night, and got one blip.  Still think the VM Hub 3 has a poor range so it could just be that.  No disconnects so far today. 

But my son's iPhone 6s started disconnecting.  

0 Kudos
BigNose
Tuning in
Message 168 of 508
Flag for a moderator

Still dropping out so not fixed yet. Hoping It's fixed soon!

0 Kudos
murday1983
Tuning in
Message 169 of 508
Flag for a moderator

Only dropped out twice ladt night about 9ish other than that no issues on any devices as i mentioned earlier

0 Kudos
Tangobob2006
Tuning in
Message 170 of 508
Flag for a moderator

This is getting stupid now. When are VM actually going to officially confirm that this is a firmware issue and update us with a fix? 

0 Kudos