Menu
Joneve
Just browsing
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connection issues

Afternoon all, 

seem to be a number of posts similar but not with completely the same issues as I’m having. 

For the last week or so we’ve had no end of wifi issues. yesterday our wifi became unusable and it’s not much better today. Wired seems fine. 

I’ve factory reset and rebooted the hub several times but to no avail.

I finally managed to get onto the hub settings via my browser (despite it telling me password was wrong, which it wasn’t as I tried again and it worked...I also had an issue where it wouldn’t let me login, I’d refresh and I’d get a page where next door’s Sky Hub settings would appear (even though I’m connected to my VM wifi network!)

Anyway, ran a diagnostic and got the following 

0A96E8F1-C4BF-4E49-AA09-EFBC3E11B4A1.png

 but have no idea what to do to resolve.

I have approx 10 devices connecting to the wifi, but only 6 which are phones, laptops etc. Others are smart home stuff (Nest Protect, Nest Heating etc) 

I’m at my wits end, having tried to speak to VM twice yesterday and getting cut off, twice. 

We’ve had nearly 2years of service without issues  and I wondered what everyone’s complaining was about. But there was a local issue in the area just after Christmas (resolved within 24 hours) and ever since then our internet has not been the same (probably a coincidence); but I’m ready to pack it all in and move elsewhere as I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connection issues

Do you use any powerline adapters in your property? 

being able to access your neighbours sky hub when you browse to your hub ip is very unusual and suggests that that the networks are joined somewhere/somehow

it would also cause very strange behaviour on the network which may explain some of the issues you have.

0 Kudos
Joneve
Just browsing
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Funnily enough I just installed a TP link powerline because the wifi was so poor. But I was having issues before this was installed. 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Joneve wrote:

Funnily enough I just installed a TP link powerline because the wifi was so poor. But I was having issues before this was installed. 

I suspect that’s the cause of the crossover with the neighbour. 
The hub is a very poor WiFi router. If you are happy with the wired performance tho, look into putting the hub into modem mode and buying a better router or mesh system to provide a decent WiFi signal.. ditch the booster at the same time 😉

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Joneve wrote:

You now have two issues🤔

If its just wifi then look to get a better wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Joneve
Just browsing
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@tehwolf wrote:

@Joneve wrote:

I suspect that’s the cause of the crossover with the neighbour. 
The hub is a very poor WiFi router. If you are happy with the wired performance tho, look into putting the hub into modem mode and buying a better router or mesh system to provide a decent WiFi signal.. ditch the booster at the same time 😉

Thanks! I had a feeling this will be the answer. My house isn’t big so I think a mesh system might be a bit much. A friend of mine has an AirPort Extreme for sale which I might try as it will be cost effective. 

very strange that the powerline can cause crossover with a neighbour’s network! Never heard that before!