forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Andiejane
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connected, no internet

Our devices are connecting to the internet with full bars, but constantly getting the message that the network is not connected to the internet. All wired connections work fine and the internet appears to be ok (no lights on the router to suggest an issue). I have seen a previous thread suggesting there may be something wrong with the router? But it’s pretty much brand new - was replaced when we moved house in October 2020!

Please help! we’re paying for a service which is shockingly bad, and customer service is a nightmare to get hold of at the minute 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connected, no internet

Try this and see if helps.

First switch the Hub off for 5 minutes AND unplug it from the mains. Whilst it's off, do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. Then switch it on again and leave 5 minutes

Then do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that helps

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos