Menu
XOAQ
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connected but no internet

Hello all,

I've been having issues with multiple wireless devices saying they are connected but have no internet access whilst having a full signal.

My laptop and phone will both be connected to the wifi in the same room as the hub and my laptop will be working but my phone won't. This is the same issue with other devices that are connected to the hub whereby the devices would randomly switch to connected but no internet and this is only fixed by resetting the hub. 

A new hub has been sent to me but I am constantly getting the same issues. I have called customer services who have only asked me to reset the hub and have repeatedly said there are no issues with the connection. I was even accused of having faulty devices and told to go and have my laptop checked out even though the laptop is new.

Please could someone let me know what I need to do to fix this.

0 Kudos
Shaun-Reading
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connected but no internet

The way it looks, seems you are going to have to spend a lot of time on the phone to their help line.

Upon my experiance, I suggest you use a mobile phone to call, and record the each call. Their Customer services are lying and denying all what they have agreed in the previous conversation, when you call next time.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it might not fix your problem but will certainly help keeping track of your wifi frequencies.

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you WiFi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Kayleykayley
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah i thought thats what the red lines were? Not sure if you can see the previouse days on the monitor like i can. Its was 11pm (03/03) till 2 am (04/03). Took the tablet and i pod off the wifi at about 9.30pm last night and then it only did its usual 2am reboot

Screenshot_20200305-051548.png

0 Kudos
XOAQ
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've given this a go but I'm still encountering the same problem. I can't surely be expected to reset the hub every 30mins. Customer services are also dismissive and keep telling me there is not a problem. I've called in every day for a week now and it's still not worked.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi XOAQ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the WiFi issues. 

Have you got a hub 3 and a smartphone? If so, please can you download the Virgin Media Connect app for free. Then when all installed, run a wireless scan in the property using the app. This will check for any coverage blackspots in the property and also optimise the connection. You can find out more here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
beckhayer
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It could be an issue with your operating system settings or the router. Unfortunately, there is no single solution to fix this issue. As a first step, restart your networking equipment and device and see if that fixes the problem. As with the router, network and software problems often get fixed automatically with a simple restart. Also, check if the connection line to your ISP is working. All the status lights on your modem should be on (Power, DSL, Data, LAN). If it doesn't help you, then go to the following section.

• Distance from Laptop to wifi-router
  • Check Modem Lights
  • Flush your DNS
  • Change your DNS server address
  • IP address conflict
  • Outdated network driver
  • Check your ISP's status

0 Kudos