cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connected but no internet or continuous dropping

bridiew
Settling in

We installed our new router on Saturday. This morning, we're having continuous issues with connecting. Either we connect and are unable to use the internet, connect and have incredibly slow coverage or or we briefly connect and then drop out soon after. 

We've reset, checked our area signal issues, and have performed a pinhole reset and the issue has not been resolved. We're trying to connect two laptops and two phones. 

We've been suggested to join a new _5g router but the connection on that isn't much better. 

Any advice? 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bridiew wrote:

We installed our new router on Saturday

Was this a new installation, or a fault replacement? Which VM router do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

Are these problems on wired, wireless connections, or both? I'd assume the phones are wireless, but I'll ask re the laptops.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It was a new installation - Hub 3 and problems on wireless connections! Thanks for any help. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bridiew

Thanks for posting!

Do you experience issues via wired connection? How is the connection when wired up?

If you run a test via speedtest.net how do the speeds look?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs