cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connected but no Internet access

Danjhart123
Joining in

I have had virgin Internet for about 6 weeks now. Any of my devices that have a wired connection work fine with no issue. 

However, when any of my devices (my phone) are connected via WiFi I get issues. My phone will show as connected and have a very strong signal but I can't load anything.

I go into my WiFi settings page on my phone and it says that I am connected to the hub but there is no Internet access. A restart of the hub will fix it for a little while but the issue will always come back after a short period of time.

I have tried fixes from related threats but have had no joy and work full time so unable to wait on hold to speak to someone. 

Are there any known fixes for this that will actually work or have I got a dodgy router? 

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Hero

Some have reported issues with Hub5 when WPA2 + WPA3 security is enabled - WPA2-PSK  only may help.

Some Hubs have issues connecting 2.4Ghz only devices when the SSID is shared for 2.4 & 5Ghz -  split SSID for 2.4 & 5Ghz may help.

Hi @Danjhart123

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of your WiFi concerns. Did the advice @Client62 help at all to resolve your issue? If not can you tell me if you have made any customisations to your WiFi settings and if it's all devices that experience the same issue of being able to connect to your network but have no access to the internet? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley