cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling not working

vm123vm
Joining in

Hi 

I recently moved to Virgin Broadband, since then wifi calling stopped working for two of my phones (iphone11 and Samsung note10) in house. Tried to reset hub and phone few times. They are ok when outside using other wifi networks. 

In our area we have very bad mobile signal so mainly depends on wifi calling. Lack of wifi calling causing very inconvenience and frustrating. Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which network are your phones with?

Do those phones have issues with doing anything else over WiFi? Web browsing, app-usage etc?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Japitts.

Phones are in EE network. No other issue.. internet access, web browser etc. are fine. WiFi calling was ok while I was using previous home broadband with Vodafone broadband, also when I connect other wifi networks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This could need EE's intervention as much as VM's, but fundamentally if other WiFi routers work there's no reason why VM's wont.

Do other network's WiFi-calling work on this same router? I'm fairly sure the ports used for VoWiFi are standard, but the config of individual MNO's can differ - for example, EE use "mobile-preferred" as a VoWiFi default, except where individual phones allow an override. This is generally the case for Android but not iOS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, All my phones are on EE network. They were all working fine with wifi calling when I had Vodafone broadband but they are not working after broadband is moved to VM. Also, they are working ok when I am using other broadband/hotspot (e.g. at Asda/Costa I can able to use wifi calling). So I guess for some reason my VM boradband/hub is blocking to use wifi calling in the house. Not sure how EE can resolve?

Thanks.

Hi @vm123vm ,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to connect your 2 devices to broadband. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to help. Just to clarify, when trying to connect the devices what happens? Do you see an error message? When did this issue first begin? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs