Menu
Sue64
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi and Alexa

Hi!

I really need some help. I recently bought an Alexa after hearing how easy they were to set up! LOL! I downloaded the app onto my phone - but can't get past the page where I connect to Amazon wifi. At that point the wifi on my phone is lost and the connection with it.

I spoke to Know How at Curry's - who said it might be my phone. So, I bought an Amazon Fire tablet and...........the Alexa on that cannot connect. I'm beginning to wonder whether it's my wifi? I have quite an old system - at least 6years+ of age.

Could it be that? I'm not at all technical - just enough to get by! I'd be glad of any help! Please........

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi and Alexa

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear you've had problems trying to get connected to Alexa, I'm not sure if it's the old Hub that's the issue, however we arrange for a replacement Hub to be sent out to help eliminate this as the problem.

I'll drop you a Private Message so we can sort this out.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Sue64
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi!

Thanks for your message.

I called Virgin Media last night and have arranged to be upgraded.

My new package now includes:

Your new package now includes:
Broadband: VIVID 100 Optical Fibre
Phone: Talk More Weekends
We've removed:
Broadband: SuperFibre 70
Phone: Talk Weekends

Is this going to help? Do you still think I need a new hub? If you do, can you arrange for one to be sent out to me please?

I really appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

Sue Teale

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue, 

Sounds like you have a great new package set up there. This may help improve things for you, when is your package due to increase?

Have you been advised you will get a new hub with your package?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos