Menu
t2tedf
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Security camera won't connect

Just bought an Apeman ID71 wireless security camera but it won connect wirelessly to my Hub 3. The camera box says it runs on 2.4g wifi. Does this mean it won't work on my wifi? help please.

0 Kudos
DaveM
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Security camera won't connect

No reason why it shouldn't work, what hub do you have?

Dave

Dave

"The late great Douglas Adams: A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos
t2tedf
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

hub 3

0 Kudos
DaveM
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

By default the hub 3 has the same name for the 2.4 and 5Hz bands. Try renaming them then the camera can distinguish between the two.

Dave

Dave

"The late great Douglas Adams: A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos
t2tedf
Joining in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I’ll try this.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

That camera is 2.4GHz only, so it will ignore the 5GHz band anyway.

Have you tried connecting with the camera next to the router, just to eliminate any obstruction or interference issues?

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

By default the Super hubs are locked down and they each have a complex password, that is provided with the hub on sticky labels and on a plastic card in the base of the hub.

If you read through the information provided with the IP camera it should tell you how to connect to a hub or how to set up the camera via a pc or laptop.

The super hub broadcasts it presence, you can change the default name but in my opinion its a waste of time, and by using the network setup feature on third party devices you should be able to enter the password to enable a connection.  In the case of such things as IP cameras you would need to attach them to a laptop or pc in order to enter the password and/or control software.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
t2tedf
Joining in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply. Yes but it doesn't make any diference.

0 Kudos
t2tedf
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

this Camera connects through an app on your phone but it cannot pick up the network.

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hello any luck connecting your camera as i bought an apeman security camera off amazon yesterday and having a right game connecting it to my super hub 3 😞

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos