Menu
chrisgage
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Problems - Unable to Obtain IP

Hello,

Well first of I have tried to connect to virgin media chat every day this week to no avail..

Ok so every day few days my wifi just gives out (not the ethernet) I have to factory reset and all that jazz.

Has happened again today and that has not solved it, some devices can connect eg. laptop but not phones or my desktop pc. (I have managed to connect by phones and desktop by manual editing static ip etc).  But I have a big issue - I have a smart home control by Alexa devices and none of these will connect due to my wifi being buggered.

I am more than sick of this and the lack of communication other than having to call a busy line! I cant turn lights my lights on lol, have had to put all the old bulbs in.

My router is fairly old now, I would really like a replacement as I have had this contract for some time now (Superhub 2ac) its so painstaking to get through to anybody, considering just canceling and going with someone else.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Problems - Unable to Obtain IP

You can ask for a hub 3 or use the hub in modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

0 Kudos
chrisgage
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Where can I ask?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the forum staff can arrange replacement, there is currently around a 7 day wait for a response

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisgage, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I have taken a look and the connection seems to be ok from this side.

Please pop me a PM (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner) with the following information so I can get a new hub out for you.

Name on account:

Virgin email address:

Postcode and house number:

Contact number:

We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Kind Regards,

Emma_E

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisgage

Thanks for getting back in touch. I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F006582611 for SNR and FECS. The current review date is 01/10/2018

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you.

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos