cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pod

Glenbuck1913
On our wavelength

Been with VM a while now and ever since I moved from Sky I have had WiFi issues upstairs, I use the connect app diligently but it doesn't help other than suggesting I get a WiFi pod. I did have one of the old boosters but six months ago it actually gave up with a loud pop! Please  could somebody help get me a pod? My contract is up for renewal in a couple months and I would like to give VM WiFi one last chance. I have found it impossible to order anywhere else so any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you qualify for Volt benefits by linking an existing O2 account to your VM account then you'll get 1-3 pods for free, and they're well worth trying in that situation.  if you don't qualify, then they're £5 a month, and you can probably order them via the telephone sales and upgrades route.  Don't agree any other contract changes at that point - on their own the pods don't create a new contract, and the sales and upgrades team can't offer any decent discounts.  At a fiver a month it adds up to the cost of a decent entry level mesh wifi system over 12-18 months.  For me that doesn't make sense, but for some people having all wifi arrangement managed by VM seems a good idea, and it's usually the easiest option.   

If you're going to be renegotiating your contract, then it should be possible to get the agent to throw in a couple of pods and a discount (if you negotiate well), although they'll be pushing you towards a Volt contract that includes an O2 sim.  Might be worth trying the Whatsapp channel to negotiate any new contract, because it's safest to have a record of what deal you were offered and agreed to - make sure the chat includes that the agent confirms everything that's important to you about the new contract.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you qualify for Volt benefits by linking an existing O2 account to your VM account then you'll get 1-3 pods for free, and they're well worth trying in that situation.  if you don't qualify, then they're £5 a month, and you can probably order them via the telephone sales and upgrades route.  Don't agree any other contract changes at that point - on their own the pods don't create a new contract, and the sales and upgrades team can't offer any decent discounts.  At a fiver a month it adds up to the cost of a decent entry level mesh wifi system over 12-18 months.  For me that doesn't make sense, but for some people having all wifi arrangement managed by VM seems a good idea, and it's usually the easiest option.   

If you're going to be renegotiating your contract, then it should be possible to get the agent to throw in a couple of pods and a discount (if you negotiate well), although they'll be pushing you towards a Volt contract that includes an O2 sim.  Might be worth trying the Whatsapp channel to negotiate any new contract, because it's safest to have a record of what deal you were offered and agreed to - make sure the chat includes that the agent confirms everything that's important to you about the new contract.

Glenbuck1913
On our wavelength

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer its much appreciated, more than I got off VM

Do VM ever read the posts on here? Tried to sort it via text last night, they kept me waiting nearly 2 hours before I gave up and went to bed! Not long left on my contract so I think I will be looking elsewhere. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try calling at 08.00.

VM staff respond on here after a few days - it not a fast track in.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Glenbuck1913, 

Thank you for your post. 

We do respond to posts on the forums - don't worry. In terms of the text service you used, even if you did go bed the conversation would still stay open 🙂 I will send you over a private message to confirm some details so we can look at the booster for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Many thanks to Ryan for sorting this for me its much appreciated. 

Hi @Glenbuck1913,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that my colleague was able to help you and that we've resolved the issue for you.

Please let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

We have recently converted our garage into a habitable space. It is detached from the house and WiFi signal is very weak and unstable in there. I upgraded all my services in my package yesterday and have Volt benefits active on my account. 

Please could I get some help ordering a WiFi pod? 

Thanks

Hi LomaxJ88,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly help you order your Wi-Fi pods for you. I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you.

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.