Menu
Highlighted
Sal666
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Password

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help, as I am constantly being put on hold, and then cut off again, to what is really a fairly simple issue i think.

Some time back, after experiencing difficulties with my connection, my password was changed during a reset, I of course took the details of the new password, as it would no longer correspondence with what was detailed on the bottom of the hub when I first got it.  Well, I am having to carry out a lot of my work from home, but when attempting to input the password I had written down, it comes up as incorrect.

I have spent over a week on the phone trying to explain that I just need the current password, but each operator I speak to just simply tells me to input the password detailed on the hub, despite me explaining that password is no longer valid.

Can anyone help, or offer any advice on how I can get this sorted out please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi Password

the default WIF password will be the one written on the sticker on the hub.
there are 2 passwords on that sticker though, the admin password and the WIFI password.

no-one will be able to tell you what the "current" password is if it has been changed from the default password.

you should factory reset your hub to revert the password back to the one on the sticker.

press and hold the reset pin for at last 60-90 seconds until the hub reboots on its own (do not manually reboot the hub). the hub will then reboot and both passwords will revert to those on the sticker.
Sal666
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Password

Hi there,

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Sal

0 Kudos