cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi POD ordering issue

jolly86
Tuning in

Hi all,

I've had my 1Gb line installed and it's working well after some noise on the line was removed, the only issue is my techniciation said that as the wifi isn't great towards the back of my property I'd need to ask for a WIFI Pod - have rung the number he gave me but I' losing the will to live on the phone.

Is there a direct way to request a pod - I've had a look at the VM Connect App, nothing and the Website keeps sending me in circles?

Or has anyone written down the correct key presses to either get to the right person, or at least speak to a human?

Cheers for any assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jolly86 

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also call by calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jolly86 

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also call by calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newappollo I will give that a try in the morning.

Hi jolly86 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of your difficulties ordering a Wi-Fi Pod. You should be able to order Wi-Fi Pods via the Connect app 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp or by phone by calling us on 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline.

We can offer help ordering the initial Pod for you via the forum. Please do be aware sadly we can't order subsequent Pods if needed via this platform. 

I will send you a PM to offer some Support with this! You will find it in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 
We can return to this public thread with another update when possible. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Thank tou Molly, this is the first POD I have requested but I have replied to ypur DM.

Thanks

Hi All 👋 just returning to update the public thread. 

Huge thanks to jolly86 for PMing with me 📨. We have now been able to order the initial Wi-Fi pod which is on the way! 

If you want some advice on where is best to place it to optimise coverage the Connect app 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp can help with this. If you need to order additional POD's sadly we are unable to do this via community so you will need to do this via the connect app or by phone on 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. 

Let us know if there is anything outstanding you need our support with!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly