cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi POD availability

rriggy
Tuning in

Question to Virgin Media;

My Wifi in my upstairs bedroom is very bad. I was told by Virgin when I entered the contract that a POD is freely available and only a phone call away. I have signed up to the newsletter and still have not received the extender.

Reply from Virgin Media

If it's just the WiFi and all things are looking good over a wired connection, we have some helpful pages to get the best from your WiFi. We recommend starting here: https://virg.in/wifisos.

If after going through the self-checks, you still need some help, feel free to pop along to our Community Forum where our staff and users have a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you out: virg.in/CoBb. We will be able to check on the WiFi Pod for you at the same time.

My findings

Wired connection on 1st box is fine. WiFi connection to 2nd box is poor. I just need a POD I believe.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods are only free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If so they are well worth trying.

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

Get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters, (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

£40-100 should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

For your other V6 a pair of powerline adapters and ethernet cable connecting the V6 through that would work well too (and be slightly cheaper)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Pods will not help you.

Look at getting your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rriggy thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having poor WiFi connection.  We're happy to have a look from here if you'd like us to?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

That would be great. I would like to try a POD to improve Wifi in my bedroom for the 2nd virgin box. When using catch up, it just hangs and often hangs when using just watching live TV

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods are only free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If so they are well worth trying.

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

Get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters, (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

£40-100 should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

For your other V6 a pair of powerline adapters and ethernet cable connecting the V6 through that would work well too (and be slightly cheaper)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @rriggy

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, and I can add a Wi-Fi pod to your account for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn