Menu
Nightfox77
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Keeps Dropping

I have been experiencing issues with the wifi dropping on my superhub 2 on a daily basis for about 5 days now which only a hub reset will resolve.

I did have this problem a month or so ago and put a call in to the virgin technical team & the problem seemed to disappear. They advised to disconnect all my devices & forget the network & then reconnect them all. However I have tried that this time & it hasn't helped.

Is there an issue with the superhub 2 & should I ask for the superhub 3 as a replacement. I currently have 2 No. Amazon echoes, 2 No. nest smoke alarms, a nest thermostat & a galaxy tab 2 which are always connected as well as my S9+ when I am home. Is the number of devices the problem? surely not in this day & age.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Keeps Dropping

Are you losing connections at the same time on ethernet cabled devices? If you dont have one can you get a friend in who does, and see whether their connection is stable or dropping. This is to troubleshoot whether it is a wifi only problem or whether their might be a network connection issue - or a general SH2 problem. If all is well on cabled devices you might consider putting the SH2 into modem mode and getting your own (better) wireless router or router + access point - it is what I have done for years and it is all hunky dory.
You will be able to get a free Hub3 upgrade though if you call it in and say the wifi has just stopped working altogether and no devices can connect (they cant test that). However, the Hub3 has been problematic for some people since the "intelligent" wifi update - including Samsung phone users. Look through the posts on this forum.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Keeps Dropping

Hi Nightfox77.

Thanks for posting, sorry for the delayed reply.

If you'd like a Hub 3, please let us know and we can get one sent out for you via PM. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos