Menu
designerk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Issues

3 months ago I moved to a new house and transferred my 50mbit line.
I used it for the first week without any problems. But then we started having problems. Wi-fi was constantly disconnected. Then I changed the package and switched to the 100GB TV package. TV Box could not connect to wi-fi in the first week. Service arrived and connected the cable and box. But we continued to have connection problems every day. The wi-fi connection kept disconnecting. At certain times of the day, the connection speed drops to 4-5mbit. Now, the connection is constantly disconnected and we encounter the password screen.

I am having this problem with 1 laptop + 3 mobile devices connected. I am currently using only 1 laptop and 1 iPhone phone actively. All other devices are inactive. But the problem still persists.

My computer is a 2014 Macbook and no ethernet access. Please do not suggest me to check with ethernet. Because the problem is with the hub's wifi feature. I guess the hub needs to change but I don't know how this will happen.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Issues

Unless you can check with a wired connection there's little more advice that can be given

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
designerk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

my problem is that the wi-fi connection is disconnected with all devices. What is the purpose of testing with cable?

I am currently able to reply to you by connecting the internet of my phone

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My 2015 Macbook Air connects fine on ethernet. Get a USB3-RJ45 ethernet adapter.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
designerk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I don't want to use an ethernet connection. This is a laptop, not a desktop computer. I have the same problem on all devices

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK your call. But then we dont know whether your issue is just wifi which is easily solvable or a network connection issue which may not be.

Call in to VM (08.00 is the best time) and see what they say when they test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@designerk wrote:

Thanks but I don't want to use an ethernet connection. This is a laptop, not a desktop computer. I have the same problem on all devices

So? I connect my laptop by Ethernet.

You need to test with a wired device to ascertain if it's a line issue or just a wifi issue.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos