Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Issue

Hopefully someone will be able to help. I have a Hub 1 which has been working fine for both cabled and wireless devices. Had an outage in the early hours of this morning and since then cabled devices all work fine but wireless devices just won't connect, failing to authenticate error. 
I've logged onto the hub (one thing I did notice is that it had reverted back to default settings as I'd changed wireless password and hub login password previously) and wireless settings all look fine. I've tried changing the wireless password on the hub but it makes no difference, always says it's failed to authenticate on any device I try. Any ideas? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Issue

A little more info. I tried disabling authentication. A device then connects to the wifi but says there's no connection and fails to work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried 'forgetting' / removing your VM wireless network connection from one of your wireless devices and then reconnecting totally afresh to the VM wireless, re-entering the current wireless password you have just reinstated on the hub?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I've tried that multiple times on multiple devices. Still doesn't work. Tried changing password on the hub, same thing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you are doing the hub reset, how long are you holding the reset button for?

I have never needed to do this myself to reset, but the oft-mentioned procedure on here is to hold the button in for a timed 60 seconds, then release and then allow the hub to fully reboot. After that, don't restart the hub. My Superhub 2ac usually takes a good 5 mins before it has fully come back to life and until the wireless is fully operational.

Failing that, sounds like you might be in need of a replacement for the Hub 1.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have tried that three times now. Think it's possibly the hub that's playing out. Have had it for years. Thanks for the answers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think you have exhausted all of the sensible options for the Hub 1. Sounds like its wireless connection is kaput.

If you still have ethernet connectivity, I'd suggest holding off with any further rebooting and tinkering with it in case it packs up entirely and you end up with no connection at all.

You could try phoning in for a replacement which may involve a long, painful experience and a lot of time wasting repeating the things you have already done.

Alternatively wait for one of the forum team to pick this up and arrange a replacement for you. If one of the forum VIPs happens on this thread, they may be able to flag it for you as it just sounds like a simple replacement/upgrade hub is required.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've logged onto the website and it appears I'm eligible for a new Hub v3 so have done that and that should hopefully arrive by Monday. Thanks for all your help.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update guttersplash,

Let us know how you get on once your new equipment arrives and if you need any further assistance please come back to us through this channel. 

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos