cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi / Internet kerps dropping off.

Penny53
Tuning in

Hi,

I have the 1gig service from VM with 3 wifi pods also. When the wifi is ok everything runs fine. But a  few times a day the wifi drops and we have to wait for the wifi to return,or we have to reboot the HUB 4 . Even the devices that are connected by ethernet cable loose Internet connection ( hive,PC, CCTV). So not sure if its wifi or a HUB problem.Any advice would be great. Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Penny53

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community

I am sorry to hear of the WiFi issues - you do need a tech visit as your upstream levels are out of spec,

I'll send you a PM now to assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Nasar16a
Joining in

I’m having the same issue 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Penny53

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community

I am sorry to hear of the WiFi issues - you do need a tech visit as your upstream levels are out of spec,

I'll send you a PM now to assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Penny53

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to book the tech in for the upstream issues. The visit will be viewable in your online account - virg.in/myVM - within a few hours. You can cancel/amend it from there as well.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment
Let us know how the visit goes or if you need further assistance. 
Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

We're currently having the same issues it'll drop off at least 10 times a day for a couple of minutes at a time 

Good Afternoon @HKMG75, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing on the Wi-Fi services.

Can you please confirm if this also effects services that are wired?

I've been able to look into the local area, and no outages are currently present.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David thanks for your reply. 

Wired services seem uneffected but cannot be certain as the issue is intermittent and only lasts for 60 seconds

Hi David,

New update the wired connection to the TV is also now dropping off and it's happening 10+ times a day 

Hi @HKMG75 thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry about this, I have checked the network for any outages and there aren't any reported - your specifications to your Hub do all seem near-perfect so you shouldn't be having any issues.

Can you post your Hub status and logs? 
How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.
Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc 
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum.

Many thanks

Tom_W