cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Internet connection constantly dropping

Rcpi2021
Joining in

Hi

Ive tried to manage for months but just getting absolutely sick of this now. 

On a very regular basis (every hour or so), there is suddenly a drop in connection. Devices say "internet not available" and then 20 mins later it comes back randomly. 

I have reset the (hub 3) router 100s of times, rebooted, unplugged for a while, plugged back in, changed wifi channels, turned off auto optimisation etc, split the channels. 

Even connecting to the router settings wirelessly is slow. I tried doing the Diagnostic check - and the results were "your device is too far away from the router move closer" even though 4 of the devices were literally 2 foot away from the router.

So many times im having to regularly go to mobile data. The speed also fluctuates incredibly. On 200 package but at times doesnt even reach over 10mbps.  A reboot of the router brings the speed up temporarily but then just drops back down.

Any chance someone can help? I dont want to waste time someone telling me to do the usual "reboot, reset, switch channels" palarva as that hasnt fixed it.

Ive had to actually switch to mobile data just to post this, because out of nowhere the internet is unavailable.

Thanks in advance

andy

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Rcpi2021,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your WiFi connection over the last few months.

I have checked this and can see that there is an SNR issue with your connection that will need a technician visit to resolve. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L