cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Booster has no lights on

sheywoodl
Joining in

Hello.

My wifi booster unit has stopped working. I've tried several different power outlets but no lights come on at all. I've gone through the online support pages and tried calling (pointless) but cannot find out how to contact Virgin to ask for a replacement booster unit. It's less than a year old. If anyone knows how to contact Virgin successfully, that would be great to know. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

sophist
Trouble shooter

options are calling in (best time is when lines open at 08:00) or waiting here for a few days for someone from VM to get to your post.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sheywoodl

Thank you for posting on our community forum!

Is the WiFi booster still not working? I can take a look into this for you if you're still experiencing issues.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Travis_M 

That's correct - the booster isn't working. I've tried several different power outlets, but no lights come on at all. If you can help I'd be very grateful.

thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sheywoodl

I have booked a tech visit in for you, the appointment time and date can be viewed / rescheduled via your online account.

This is for the issue above and also as I can see there is multiple signal level issues attached to your hub which may be impacting the overall performance anyhow. 

Please let us know how this visit goes.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi and thanks for booking the engineer visit. He explained that they don't carry spare boosters and that mine is model that is being replaced now anyway. If I could order the new boosters, I would, but the website claims they are out of stock! https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-queue

I wish I could say the issue is resolved, but it's not, so I guess I just have to sit and wait until whenever Virgin are ready to offer an 'upgrade' instead of a fix?! I find that to be a perplexing situation to be in, as a long-term customer, honestly.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Are you paying for the boosters?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi