cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Booster - Changing Network Name and Password

Euan1
Joining in

I have successfully paired boosters and can connect devices using network name and password given. However, when I try to log in to http://virginmedia-vmp to change settings, I am told password is incorrect.

This, despite being able to use the same password to connect all my devices.

Any ideas, team?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to use the settings passcode to sign into that page not the WiFi password.

The default passcode is printed on the back of the booster.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to use the settings passcode to sign into that page not the WiFi password.

The default passcode is printed on the back of the booster.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks so much Graham, had only copied down wifi password!!!

Appreciate your help.

Now I have used this and signed in - it advises to copy hub settings to booster.

I did this and have now lost booster on the network. Should I reset then skip this stage next time?

The boosters will now be broadcasting the same wifi name as the hub rather than their own name.

You need to login to the booster now by its IP address as you probably won't be able to get to it via the VMP URL you were using previously.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi

Am I able to decouple the booster and router so they appear as separate names and passwords again?