cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi 6 support

PMechan
Joining in

Hi,

I have looked around but have not been able to verify yet. Does anyone know if Virgin support 802.11ax / Wifi 6 and if so, do I need to ask them for a new router or download any software to the current router?

If virgin do support it, I wonder if they also offer a Wifi 6 extender or Wifi6 mesh equipment.

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
ISP don't jump to the new stuff so no none of the hub support Wifi 6 and it be say 2years before VM do and even then you might not get a new hub because you want it.

If you need it now get your own router and use the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin do not provide WiFi 6 equipment, you can however purchase your own to attach to the hub

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
ISP don't jump to the new stuff so no none of the hub support Wifi 6 and it be say 2years before VM do and even then you might not get a new hub because you want it.

If you need it now get your own router and use the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin do not provide WiFi 6 equipment, you can however purchase your own to attach to the hub

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please give reason for why you want WiFI 6? Is just because it’s the last greatest must be faster so I need it now reason?

Also VM see to have an embargo on ‘6’ things, just look at IP6.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sorry, I didn't think I needed to give you a reason for my actions or for my question.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You don't have to give your reasons, but it might help you to get a reasoned answer.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Lee1983
On our wavelength

They just announced it

The Hub 5 has just been announced and it support WiFi 6. Its currently only available to people who get emailed from VM asking if they want to trial the device. You can't call up and ask to get one or put on the trial as the CS team won't know about it. The Hub 5 is due to be released on a wider rollout in 2022

I wouldn't bother. if you need it you would have bought it already.

wait another few years for the hub 6, then they will give you wifi 6e when the leading edge will be wifi 7.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

jhuk
Trouble shooter

🤣