cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi 6 WAP not working from my Hub 3 router

RichyCoops
Settling in

I have recently purchased a netgear WAP wifi 6 for a room in my garden.  I have a new ethernet cable that feeds to it directly from my hub 3 router in the house.  The internet is working through the cable (i've checked) but when I plug it into the WAP box it does not recognise any internet signal.  Someone suggested that this is because the technology is too new for my hub 3 router.  Does anyone know if this is the case?

4 REPLIES 4

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic
Try plugging the Netgear directly into a laptop and change the network settings to b/g/n and AC make sure it's not set to wifi 6 only.

thank you for responding, much appreciated.  did you mean plug the ethernet into the netgear as normal, and then the laptop to the netgear via one of the open slots via another ethernet?  And adjust the network settings via the laptop control panel?

Yes connect the laptop directly into the netgear

carl_pearce
Community elder

@RichyCoops wrote:

I have recently purchased a netgear WAP wifi 6 for a room in my garden.  I have a new ethernet cable that feeds to it directly from my hub 3 router in the house.  The internet is working through the cable (i've checked) but when I plug it into the WAP box it does not recognise any internet signal.  Someone suggested that this is because the technology is too new for my hub 3 router.  Does anyone know if this is the case?

If you are getting an internet connection through the cable there is no reason why the Netgear shouldn't work if setup correctly.

What's the model?