Menu
Fightsevil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi 2.4Ghz keeps dropping

Hi on my SuperHub2 2.4Ghz wifi keeps dropping and will not work until I either restart the device or go into the settings and disable it and re-enable it which will drop my 5Ghz as well. This will then seem to continue to work for between 18 and 36 hours before I have to do it again. It has been like this for a week now? Do I have a fault that I need to call in, will they replace my Hub (will I get a Hub 3)? Using a Wifi anaylzer app on my phone I see the connection at full strength for a second and then off for a second and then back at full when the Wifi is not working.
0 Kudos
Hughjarrse
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi 2.4Ghz keeps dropping

Virgin just updated the firmware and its causing all sorts of problems but as usual they are refusing to admit it has caused an issue even though all my dhcp reservations are gone and will now have to be re-input and the wifi signal is causing dropouts and no signal for my girlfriend in the next room whereas it was working faultlessly for years and is now borked!

Nice one Virgin!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Hughjarrse wrote:

Virgin just updated the firmware and its causing all sorts of problems but as usual they are refusing to admit it has caused an issue even though all my dhcp reservations are gone and will now have to be re-input and the wifi signal is causing dropouts and no signal for my girlfriend in the next room whereas it was working faultlessly for years and is now borked!

Nice one Virgin!

He has an SH2 not a Hub3. Although he may have the issue if he "upgrades".

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Fightsevil wrote:
Hi on my SuperHub2 2.4Ghz wifi keeps dropping and will not work until I either restart the device or go into the settings and disable it and re-enable it which will drop my 5Ghz as well. This will then seem to continue to work for between 18 and 36 hours before I have to do it again. It has been like this for a week now? Do I have a fault that I need to call in, will they replace my Hub (will I get a Hub 3)? Using a Wifi anaylzer app on my phone I see the connection at full strength for a second and then off for a second and then back at full when the Wifi is not working.

How is the connection on an ethernet cabled device? That is, is the dropping only on wifi?  If it is faulty and they replace it, it will be with a Hub3.  If wired connection is good and stable, you could keep the SH2 and stick it in modem mode with your own 3d party wifi router or access point - its what I and a lot of others on here do.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Fightsevil
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Everything is fine wired. Only the Wifi stops working.
0 Kudos
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried changing the wifi channel from "Auto" & selected one of the other channels, that may help, also make sure it's positioned somewhere in the open free of clutter with nothing immediately in front of it or that it's not shut inside a pc cabinet or cupboard etc.

0 Kudos
Fightsevil
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had already set it to channel 4. Its standing alone in the clear.
0 Kudos
Fightsevil
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It failed again this morning.
0 Kudos