Menu
steverob1957
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WiFi

My phone (iPhone XR) will not ( all of a sudden) not connect to WiFi, any clues please ?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi

Any wifi - or just your network? Does it connect on other networks? Do other wifi devices connect ok on your wifi?
Have you renewed the lease in settings on the iPhone and reconnected ? Switched off auto join network and then back on ? Powered the iPhone off and back on?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
steverob1957
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s ok, it’s all up and running now, thanks.

0 Kudos
Bigtomg
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I just received a new Hub3 but the wifi signal in my kitchen and side garden is very poor, the signal with my old Hub2 was great, is there somehow i i can boost the signal, cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigtomg,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post. We are very sorry to hear your signal on your Hub 3 has not been up to standards, have there been any changes since your post as it can take sometime for the new equipment to settle down after being set up? If not, please keep us posted so we can assist further.

Many thanks,

Louis 

0 Kudos
Bigtomg
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the wifi signal to my phone drops out as soon i go to my kitchen, which is about 15m walking distance, in the bedroom, which is just opposite the living room where the hub is the app says it cannot connect, really irritating, is it possible to go back to my previous hub2 which signals where great every where in our bungalow, or is there some way to expand the signal. Its not really worth continuing to pay for something that is not working, thank you.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is very difficult to get a SH2 reinstated - only real chance is if you still have it and can then convince them on the phone to reactivate it - n.b it only does a max of ~220mbps so if you are on a faster package you will need a downgrade too - which they will also be reluctant to do.

Your best bet is to do as I and many others have done and that is to put the Hub into modem mode and get your own wifi router with better features etc.

As the previous SH2 was fine and you are in an (assumed) isolated bungalow it should work just great.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bigtomg
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi still waiting on an answer, up until 1700 this evening the only wifi i can get is in the living room where the hub3 is, surely this is not good enough when the hub2ac worked fine, even out in my garden, there must be an answer, i still have the old hub2, can i not utilise this, thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos
Bigtomg
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How do you put the Hub3 into modem mode and what router would be the best to use, cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigtomg, 

Thanks for your post, 

You can find details on how to put your hub 3 into modem mode here

You may find some help regarding what routers are best in this other forum post here

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos