Menu
ad444t
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WiFi still down

WiFi still down after about a week (payin £45 for garbage) rang vm Wednesday evening to talk to some1 not very helpful, I’ve done all the usual thing turned off & on left it off overnight pressed the reset button on the hub and it still not working properly good job I have 20g of data on my phone! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi still down

I presume it is down on ethernet cable connected devices too ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ad444t
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes down on enets aswell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When you call it in as a fault they should automatically check the status of your Hub connection. So what did they say after testing yours. Did they say there was a fault and give you a reference number and an estimated fix date ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ad444t
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They didn’t say there was a fault he was to busy talkin to his mate all he said was press the reset button on the hub and allow upto 6 minutes for it to start working properly then put phone down 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try again - different time - different agent.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Also tell the that your internet connection is down, not wifi. If you tell them it's wifi then they do usually just tell you to reboot without investigating properly.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, if you just say WiFi not working, it goes down a different path in their script than if you say my internet connection is not working.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ad444t,

Sorry to hear you've been getting drop outs. I've tried to check your connection but could not locate your account. 

I've just sent you a private message requesting some further information so that we can investigate further

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos