Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi split by Virgin? Not working

I called Virgin about 2 weeks ago as I’d bought from them WiFi boosters and they didn’t seem to make a difference. Covid 19 meant person I spoke to was not from faults. They said they would split the WiFi? They did this and we now have our old address that doesn’t work and a new address which is the old one with 5G next to it? I reinstalled the booster as instructed and it still wasn’t working properly. Called back again and the lady had no idea how to help me. We have to keep rebooting our hub and keep getting thrown out of games etc. Now no call centres are open. I’m paying for BB and boosters and not getting a decent service. I was told I might need an engineer visit but now with call centres closed and NO way to contact Virgin I’m seriously thinking of leaving. Can anyone from Virgin help?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi split by Virgin? Not working

So what is the current setup?

What WiFi names is the hub broadcasting and what WiFi names are the boosters broadcasting?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi split by Virgin? Not working

There are 3! 
one that says Virgin Media my phone is on that 

then our hub address this no longer works and another with our hub address-5G this is what PlayStations PC’s are on but it keeps failing. 

I don’t understand the spiting aspect? 

0 Kudos