Menu
Publicimage
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WiFi some devices not connecting

Have a Hub 4 and everything was working but earlier this week we are not able to connect to the WiFi on two laptops both happen to be dell.Have other laptops (which ate older) working fine. Have looked at WiFi driver updates and they are up to date.
Unsure if Virgin Media have run some sort of update which has caused this. But everything had been ok until this week. Interesting to know if anyone else has this issue and we’re they able to get it resolved?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi some devices not connecting

are you able to connect the dell laptops to other wifi networks? (can you create a hotspot on your phone to test?)

If you are, then a pinhole reset of the hub might help.

if you aren't, whilst it may seem unlikely, it's probably worth checking on both of the dell laptops that you haven't disabled wireless somehow (airplane mode / wifi kill switch etc..)

0 Kudos
Publicimage
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi tehwolf,
Thanks for your reply. Both dell laptops connect to phone hotspots and are working that way now. Have tried resetting the hub via the pin reset. Not sure if it’s connected but both laptops only connect to the 2.4ghz connection. But as mentioned previously they were both working fine earlier this week.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are they compatible with the 5Ghz band?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Publicimage
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Fairy certain they are not 5Ghz compatible, as do not connect when I turn off the 2.4Ghz on the hub. Had a quick look at checking updates on the network adapter and they were up to date.
0 Kudos
Publicimage
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just an update for anyone else coming across this problem. Ended up having to purchase a USB WiFi network adapter (around £12.00 on Amazon) Wifi working fine now. Believe VM must of carried out some upgrade to their network as there were no issues before this week and overnight it just stopped working.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Network upgrades wouldn’t stop devices connecting to the hubs 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Publicimage
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure the point of your comment as it does not provide any insight or help in resolving the issue.

As Virgin Media are carrying out an update on their WiFi setup. So it would depend upon your definition of ‘network’ as to where the update has taken place within VM equipment.

Regardless of reason of the issue I posted how it was resolved, should anyone else have a similar issue of not being able to connect VM WiFi. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Publicimage wrote:

Not sure the point of your comment as it does not provide any insight or help in resolving the issue.

As Virgin Media are carrying out an update on their WiFi setup. So it would depend upon your definition of ‘network’ as to where the update has taken place within VM equipment.

Regardless of reason of the issue I posted how it was resolved, should anyone else have a similar issue of not being able to connect VM WiFi. 

Using the correct definition of “network” or “firmware” is a good start 🙂

0 Kudos