cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi signal drops out 3,4,5 times a day

Jack59
Joining in

My WiFi signal drops out all the time. I power cycle it ( turn off and back on) and this works for a few hours. After particular bad days when it won’t  come back on I have reset to factory settings and all the hassle this causes. The allows me to get back to the signal drop out stage and works for a week or so before factory reset again.  I can be sat next to the router and suddenly…. no internet connection… no reason, nothing has changed in the room and this happens up to and beyond 10 times a day. Some days are fine and it might go a week with no problems then off it goes again 

I have lost faith in it and shall be cancelling all VM services this week. 
£136 per month you won’t be getting from me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

g0akc
Problem sorter

It sounds like you're determined to leave VM - fair enough

However, it might be worth checking a few things;

• Are wired connections OK?
  • BQM OK?
  • Using a wifi analyser app - anything evident?
  • Use hub in modem mode and get your own better wifi equipment

Check what termination fees there are, if any.  Check what's available from other suppliers.  You don't want to cut off your nose to spite your face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter

It sounds like you're determined to leave VM - fair enough

However, it might be worth checking a few things;

• Are wired connections OK?
  • BQM OK?
  • Using a wifi analyser app - anything evident?
  • Use hub in modem mode and get your own better wifi equipment

Check what termination fees there are, if any.  Check what's available from other suppliers.  You don't want to cut off your nose to spite your face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
I would first check to see if Intelligent Wi-Fi is enabled and then disable it and run separate 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, as this might be causing the issues in your environment. Best to select a fixed channel on the separate bands too and not leave it to the router to decide what it thinks is best.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jack59,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, but I'm sorry to understand that you're unhappy with your services and that your're considering leaving our services.

We'd love to see if we can help keep you as a customer and are more than happy to look into your issue further. 

Please let us know if this issue occurs on an Ethernet connection, as well as WiFi? If you set up a BQM chart, we'll be able to monitor when your drops happen and how regularly this occurs.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs