Hi 

I just upgraded from 350mb to 500mb

WiFi range is weak and intermittent

Should I ask for hub 3 to be replaced to hub 4

42 REPLIES 42

zm1
On our wavelength

Too technical for me

From what I remember - the Velop System is mixed (so I assume that's both)

I'm going to see how stable the connection is or whether it drops (it did a lot of that previously when I had no Mesh system connected - however the Mesh System has made it more stable)

I still have no idea why the Engineer failed to come yesterday - but that's a different issue

Ok I am really confused with this prodocut

I want to purchase only if the virgin hub can be placed into MODEM only mode. SOme say they can do it howver some say its not possible

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Velop-Mesh-Wi-Fi-System/td-p/4283189

See above link

This is because the Linksys WHW0303 Velop Tri-Band Whole Home is a mesh but NOT actually a router so it has to be used alongside another router.

What is the answer?

The Linksys WHW0303 Velop can by a router so you can use modem mode. The auto-sensing is bad as it will go to 192.168.100.2 as the modem mode boots up before the Velop gets the WAN IP. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Right

Thanks for clearing that up. The confusing part is that they are all identical and its not clear which is the main node to be plugged into the modem

There is no WAN port. I see some reviews on amazon saying plug the main node into the modem. I am thinking about purchasing a 2nd hand system on ebay and the guy selling it said they are all identical. 

So i am just a bit hesitant

Ok so i checked the specs

It says

2x WAN/LAN auto-sensing Gigabit Ethernet ports

Can i just confirm they are all the same so each unit has 2x WAN/LAN auto-sensing Gigabit Ethernet ports

There is no parent or master unit that has to be used?

They should be the same...

Strange. 

Every other mesh system has a dedicated WAN (INTERNET) port so its clear that it is a router. 

Why not get a wireless router?

Huh?

I dont get your response. This is a router with a mesh system. The whole point for the mesh is to get good coverage of the whole house.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the whw03 and the whw03v2

The v2 has something like gigaclear associated to it.

What's that