cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi router not working

djones34
Joining in

Hi, I've had an issue with my router for over a week. My hub3 has a solid green WiFi light and a flashing green light. All of my devices can connect to the router but none of them can access the Internet. I've been in contact with customer support but none of the diagnostic tests they did over the phone led to anything, and all the connections to the router are fine. Customer support said they would refer my situation to an engineer almost a week ago but I have not heard anything. I am wondering if this is a problem which I can fix myself because I assume I won't hear from an engineer at this stage. Has anyone had a similar problem/been able to fix it themselves? Will I need a new router? 

Thanks!

P.s. on the first page of the router settings, it says that the connection is ok on both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz channels but there is no Internet.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...

Have you checked first for any “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.
Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did check that. I am certain the fault is with the router not connecting to the Internet, not a local issue.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Problems like this are usually circuit problems rather than hub problems. With the symptoms you describe it’s very rare for it to be a hub problem. The local area fault phone as given my John is your best bet.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @djones34, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry that you're still having problems with your network.

I'm going to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details, just so I can get a technician booked for you.

In the meantime though, please also try a factory reset of your Hub just in case this resolves the problem.

Either way though please expect this PM and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @djones34, thanks for your reply via PM.

I can see that it appears you manged to arrange a technician so I don't need to book this for you - you can manage your appointment via your My Virgin Media app.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Many thanks

Tom_W